Monday, November 3, 2008

Pay No Attention to the Man behind the Blog





Chris Yates here.


I'm starting a blog. Yeah, I'm a little late to that bandwagon, I know. Nonetheless, I part the curtain on cyberspace and tentatively slide in.


What should you know about me?


I once caught a fish with my bare hands. This is true. I was nine. At no other time in my life have I been closer to being a ninja.


I love listening to the Carpenters. I admit this of my own free will, waiving my Fifth Amendment Right to not incriminate myself.


Finally, right this very moment, my daughter's Hannah Montana foil balloon, low on helium, but not empty, is floating ominously towards me, bobbing up and down, as if it has become sentient and is stalking me -- I think it can sense that I have no idea how to defend against a balloon attack.


In any case, that's enough for now. I'll let you know a little more about me and the reason for this blog tomorrow.


NEXT STOP: The Birth of the Saber-Tooth Squid

4 comments:

GPa+GMa said...

Dear Ian: Your squid sounds ferocious. If you can catch him and hold him long enough for me to get on his back with you, we can go for a ride if you will protect me.
Love, Grandma

kathi said...

Hiffers, what a blogger's delight! But alas, you are wrong my man...you blog therefore you have schnump, blogger's schnump, the worst kind even!!!!! And may the ever infamous "turkey of paradise" waddle your way today as it serves its' schnumpy self up.

Ian, what an amazing story! Your saber-tooth squid is really awsome! I can't wait for more adventures of your squid.
Love, Aunt Kathi

Yates said...

Grandma and Grandpa,

Thanks for liking my squid. Once I catch one, we'll go for a ride to IHOP. I forgot to tell you that we have a new tv that has 30 HD channels. It's cool. And right now I'm watching football. LSU vs. ARkansas. That's all folks!

Yates said...

Kathi,

I'm in the schnump protection program, so I would appreciate you not blowing my cover.