Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sabbath Zombie


Whoa.

And just like that, nearly two months zoomed by between my blog posts. Although, frankly, blogs are passe now. Apparently, the new thing is to live-feed your Twitter posts onto your Facebook using your iPhone.

(This is a sentence that, two years ago, would have been considered gibberish in English; I'm not so sure it isn't gibberish to me now. Twitters and tweeting and all the rest -- bah. It is strange that we now think of e-mail as a good-old-fashioned way to communicate. I'm not sure which is more disturbing: the fact that technology has passed me by or the fact that I'm ranting about it like a cantankerous old curmudgeon. When did I become a curmudgeon? And should I be alarmed that I find myself enjoying curmudgeonhood?)

Alas, I'm back. I had left off ready to post about a rare day off from the usual,hectic Sunday routine of prepping the family for church, herding all to church, and then surviving the miscellaneous and sometimes tedious adventures at church. Tess was sick that weekend, the last in March I believe it was. I drew the duty to stay home with her. Just before the other kids departed with Heidi to head to church, one of them, Lora or Isabel, snapped this shot of me.

What was I doing? Apparently I express the joy of an unexpected day off from church by zombie-shambling through the kitchen in search of brains.

NEXT STOP: Heidi's Sexy Vibe

1 comment:

Field Family said...

I'll stick to the blogging thing. It at least makes sense to me. Although I do now have a facebook profile now thanks to my hubby. I don't get twitter. I guess I am old too. Glad to know you guys are still out there happily living life same as us.