Sunday, May 31, 2009

Faces at Boondocks






















We took the kids for a day at Boondocks about a month ago. Boondocks has two go-kart tracks, miniature golf, bumper boats, batting cages, rock climbing, an arcade, laser tag, and other assorted noisy things that kids love.

At the park, I was approached by a man who said, "You look really familiar. Have we worked together?" He said his name was Rod Williard, and in a moment, my memory clicked. He had grown up in the same stake as me in Maryland. He had attended the Rockville Ward and I was in Potomac South. He was best friends with the son of one of my mom's friends, Lou Fisher.

In any case, we stood there and yapped for about 30 minutes, catching up. It's nice to run into blokes from Maryland who grew up there at the same time. I don't have a photo of him to add to the blog, but we exchanged numbers, and vowed to get together for dinner. Perhaps he and his family will appear in a future post.

In this post, I feature close-ups of the kids. In the next post, I will feature a few action shots of bumper-boating and go-kart racing.

NEXT STOP: The Uni-Bomber! and Other Stuff

No comments: