Thursday, January 1, 2009

Tess of the Innuits











I have just gluttoned on Cafe Rio, a crazy-tasty little Mexican joint here in Utah. I chomped down fire-roasted chicken tacos with black beans and rice. Now I am full and my belly looks and feels a little pregnant. As I sit and ponder my spare tire, a gut fed by daily snacking upon chocolate, chips, and comfort foods, I have decided to distract myself from this physical manifestation of my poor eating habits by posting a blog entry.




We recently bought Tess, our youngest, her first winter coat. As you can see, it makes her look like an igloo-dwelling Innuit.




Unlike the Innuit, Tess cannot yet brave frigid temperatures for days at a time to go whale or seal hunting. She can, however, conquer our child-proofed cabinet doors to rummage in the kitchen garbage can or steal fistfuls of sandwich baggies and aluminum foil.




NEXT STOP: Famous Cases of Mistaken Identity

2 comments:

allison said...

Why are babies so attracted to sandwich baggies and aluminum foil anyway? It's a game with Sydney to see how much of these two things she can pull out and scatter before I'm able to race across the kitchen to stop her. Happy New Year, guys.

Field Family said...

She is so cute. I love it when their coats eat them like that. It always reminds me of A Christmas Story. Hope you guys had a great Holiday season.